#ootd August 20-26




Dress,Dress in Plus,Hat,Tote,
Sandals,Earrings,Necklace
I had to start this edition of #ootd with this outfit.  The other day when I was wishing I had signed my kids up for more camps this summer, my husband told me to have some "Mommy Time" and come back after the kids were in bed.  Life has been so busy I still had some exchanges to do from my birthday . . in March.  I never go to the mall unless I HAVE to try something on ot I need to exchange something. I am so glad I waited until now so I could find this dress and this hat.  The dress is a light cotton that I am hoping to transition into fall with leggings, booties and a sweater. The sunhat I have been eyeing forever and I was even more surprised how much I love it in person!  Everyday I'm feeling more confident showing my compression.  I really do owe it to the online community of amazing Lymphedema Warriors!  Thank you for flaunting your compression, encouraging and inspiring me everyday!

Dress,Sandals,Earrings,Bracelet,Similar Necklace
This dress it is one of those dresses you know is going to be an all time favorite.  I'm almost tempted to buy another one when this one finally breaks down.  I recently had to say goodbye to my favorite maxi dress that I have donned for the past several summers and I was wishing I had the foresight and purchased two of them.  This dress is flowy, dreamy and romantic feeling, but feels super simple at the same time.  I just accessorized with simple gold pieces and my "before kids" sandals (hidden, but made the outfit.)

Similar Skirt,Similar Top,Tote
Sandals,Wide Width Sandals

This black maxi skirt has been going strong for many summers now, I just looked it up and it's sold out, but I linked a similar skirt.  I just realized now that I have booties for fall I can transition it into fall with my booties and a sweater!  This is my "I want to be cute, but need to be comfortable running errands" look.  My inner Flower Child is coming out in this t-shirt.  Sadly it's out of stock, but I found an almost duplicate.  And of course my Birkenstocks and Mom Bag to complete the look.


Dress,Similar Sweatshirt,Sweatshirt in Plus
Hat,Similar Shoes

Dress,Hat,Sandals,Sunglasses

Sporty Spice vibes going on in the picture on the left.  On the right is my pool to town look.  Every year my extended family take a trip to a resort town.  There is so much to do I try to pack clothing that will suit me for all sorts of activities.  This swing dress is my go to from playing at the park, to a swim cover up and out to get ice cream.  In the fall and winter I like to sport it with leggings and a sweater.  I've had this dress for many years.  I sized up so I could wash and dry it and not worry about shrinkage.  It has held up wonderfully!

Swimsuit,Swimsuit in Plus,Hat,Sunglasses,Sandals
The day I took this picture I was wearing a swim cover up and had brought swim shorts to wear in case I needed to do a lot of walking (so I wouldn't chafe from my wet compression stocking.)  My husband told me to relax and he would do all of the chasing of kids and I could read or hang in the pool.  For some reason this day I was hit with deep insecurities about my body and my lymphie leg.  I thought I had conquered those on this trip?  But my mind was flooded with negative thoughts about myself.  I shared with my sister in law how I was feeling and without skipping a beat she doted me with compliments and told me not to compare myself.  I got the courage to strip off my layers before I could think twice and felt like I was shedding not only my clothes, but all of those negative thoughts as well.  I shared this and this photo the next day, when I looked at my social media later that day I was honestly overwhelmed by people's responses.  It just proved to me again how we are so much better together.  I tell my kids "it's my job to raise you to be kind humans and help make this world a better place."  Thank you for reading and following my journey and being a constant source of inspiration to me and helping make my world a better place. 
xoxo-Allie






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Life In Wide Width Winter Boots

A leg by any other name would be as big.

Summer Sandals- Save and Splurge