Meet Matilda



As many of you know my lymphedema leg is Bertha and in the spirit of naming body parts I thought I would do the same with the newest member of my body, my port Matilda. My veins have not been holding up too well with treatment so my doctors and I decided it was time to get a port put in.  My veins were no longer dependable, so in naming my port I was looking for a name that meant dependable (I know I spent far too many minutes on this, I have a little bit of time during my insomnia nights.)  Strong in battle is the meaning, perfect!

I knew it would be a smooth procedure when the nurses complimented me on my eyebrows and they started playing Adel in the OR.  It's a weird sensation being awake while they implant something in your body.  But, I get to tell my kids I'm part robot now, which gives me major cool points.

With vacation and holidays I haven't been able to get out there and search for pants and shoes.  But, I have some Christmas money to burn so with the new year look for new post on my finds!  Happy New Year Everyone!  XOXO-Allie







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Life In Wide Width Winter Boots

A leg by any other name would be as big.

Summer Sandals- Save and Splurge